GW Photos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Liz
Liz

How to organise threads/posts? Empty How to organise threads/posts?

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:34 pm
This is probably the sort of thing you should think about before launching a forum rather than after...

How do you think we should organise the photo threads/posts? I can see two main ways (but there might be more). Either we could each start our own threads, as and when, as subjects arise, which would be more personal, or we could have a more structured approach which might make it easier to follow.

By the latter, I mean that within the flower close ups, we could have a thread a month, for example, that everyone adds to throughout the month. Or by season but then when does one end and the next one start? Insects could be by type - bees, flies, butterflies & moths, beetles, spiders (yes, I know, but honorary insects for this purpose).

I know what my preference is but I'd be interested to hear yours first.

And I see this as our place, not mine, so all ideas are equal and none are more equal than others.
Coccinella
Coccinella

How to organise threads/posts? Empty Re: How to organise threads/posts?

Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:06 pm
Hello Liz,

I think a monthly one would work and it would keep it more structured. We are seeing more and more insects earlier in the year, today the "lawn" was covered in honey bees. There is very little to eat for them so I don't know what they are doing there. So many that I was worried about treading on them.

I think I would keep it as "insects" with the monthly sub-threads and then start a new one next year. I'd be happy with whatever people like best.
Paul (was LunarSea)
Paul (was LunarSea)

Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:42 pm
I would agree with you both. Whatever we do Liz we'll find some reason why we should have done it differently - such is life - but we'll make it work. 

Really impressed so far, you've done a wonderful job.

Can I just ask Liz - are you British? If not, your command of English is superb!
Liz
Liz

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:05 am
Thanks for the compliment on the forum, so far so good!

How about we have monthly flowers close-ups and monthly insects, then have other plant close ups more as they crop up?

No, not British. I'm Luxembourgish (what are the odd of 2 Luxembourgers on a tiny English speaking forum?). I would like to say my English is due to hard work but it's more that we moved to the UK when I was 2 so I did all my schooling there. Then Belgium for 11 years, the Netherlands for 2, back to Belgium, then married a Brit and lived in the UK for far too long before finally moving to France 3 years ago.

Anna and Paul (was LunarSea) like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum