GW Photos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Liz
Liz

New camera, new problem Empty New camera, new problem

Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 pm
I have a new camera (as in 2nd hand new) bounce Not only is it an upgrade from 60D to 70D, it's also clean and everything works!

But, a complete pain is that my ancient version of Photoshop Elements (11), does not support the raw files. It quite simply hadn't occured to me to even check. I think I have 3 options:

a) use jpegs only
b) buy the new version of Elements at nearly 100€
c) use a different software.

As I'm not keen on a) or b), I'm looking at GIMP with a raw add-on. I've downloaded GIMP and RawTherapee. It looks like it'll take some learning! I'll shoot in jpeg until I've cracked it, but it's frustrating as I feel I can't really get to know the camera until I've got the processing sorted out.

Crying or Very sad
Liz
Liz

New camera, new problem Empty Re: New camera, new problem

Fri May 10, 2024 9:15 am
In case anyone is the slightest interested at any point, I have found a solution that doesn't involve either spending more money or mental contortions beyond my abilities.

RawTherapee is mind boggling, but Darktable isn't. Both are free and achieve the objective of allowing raw processing then saving as a jpeg. Which, of course I can then open in my creaking old version of PSE. So Darktable plus PSE it is.

Anna likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum