GW Photos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Liz
Liz

Market day in Buchy Empty Market day in Buchy

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 pm
We (I) very stupidly booked my husband's physio session for a Monday morning in Buchy, which is market day = horrendous parking. I had to steel myself to wander around as one section is dedicated to poultry and other birds/rabbits/etc... alive. All packed in crates, it made me want to free every last one. But otherwise it's a good little market, very French.

I loved this stall, onion sets by weight as well as ready to eat onions & garlic. I must remember him for next year - too late for this year as my onions are already in.

Market day in Buchy 20240312

Neufchatel cheese, made about 20km from here, is the oldest Normandy cheese dating back to at least 1050 (16 years before those same Normans invaded Blighty), whereas Camembert is a young whippersnapper from 1791. Pah!

Market day in Buchy 20240311

They do like their hunting round here (sadly), so I imagine that's what these were/are for.

Market day in Buchy 20240310

The obligatory fish stall

Market day in Buchy 20240313

Not artichoke season but I just liked the graphic feel of them stacked like that. They were almost all gone half an hour later.

Market day in Buchy 20240314

And some pretty ribbons

Market day in Buchy 20240315

CrankyYankee, Coccinella, Anna and Paul (was LunarSea) like this post

Tui34
Tui34

Market day in Buchy Empty Re: Market day in Buchy

Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:46 pm
They were selling giant artichokes like that down here for .99cents each. I'm waiting for mine to mature!! Shouldn't be long as there are little ones deep in the plants!

Liz and Coccinella like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum